4 small mullets (ready to cook, 400g each)
7 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove of garlic
4-5 ripe tomatoes
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch chili powder
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
125 ml dry white wine
1 bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (fan oven 200 degrees).
- Grease a shallow casserole dish with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and peel and finely chop the garlic clove.
- Skin the tomatoes. To do this, cut crosswise at the top with a pointed knife, pour boiling water over them, skin, clean, seed, and roughly dice.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, season with chili, salt, and pepper - make sure that the tomatoes are cooked well. Then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Wash the mullets thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper, salt, and pepper inside and out.
- After that, sprinkle equal amounts of thyme on and inside the fish - a great technique to reduce the fishiness but keep the fresh flavour.
- Place the mullets in the greased oven dish and pour the tomato stock over them.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on plates. Serve with fresh ciabatta. Savor with love.
Write a comment